include 'detectmobilebrowser.php' ?>
Call for Papers
- Deadline for abstract submission: November 4, 2011 (Closed.)
- Notification to authors of decision: By December 31, 2011
- Conference date: April 13-15, 2012
30th West Coast Conference on Formal Linguistics will take place Friday, April 13
to Sunday, April 15, 2012 at the University of California, Santa Cruz. The deadline for submission of abstracts is Friday, November 4, 2011 (by 11:59pm, Pacific Standard Time).
We invite abstracts for both twenty-minute talks and posters.
Click here to
actually submit your abstract, but please first read the instructions below.
- Submissions are limited to one individual and one joint abstract per author, or
two joint abstracts per author.
- Abstracts must be anonymous and must be at most two pages in length
(including references and data) on a letter sized (8.5in by 11in) or
A4 stock with one inch margins, set in a font no smaller than 11 points.
- Abstracts should be submitted through the relevant
web-site. Please do not email submissions directly to the conference
- EasyChair requires authors to be registered, so if you do not already have
an EasyChair account, you need to create one first. To do this:
- Follow the link to create an EasyChair account
- Enter name, email, and password of your choice
- Check your email
- Click the link in the message you get from EasyChair
- Enter your password
- Enter all your personal info (* fields are required)
- Note that your password must be at least 8 characters long (you will get an error if it is not)
- Click the button at the bottom to submit and go back to the login screen
- To submit your abstract once you have an EasyChair account:
- Enter your username and password
- Log in
- Click New Submission on the top of the page
- Enter information about author(s). You will find a link at the top of the 'Author 1'
box called click here to add yourself. Click on this link to
enter your own details automatically from your EasyChair profile.
- If there are multiple authors, enter the relevant information for each author.
- Select at least one author as Corresponding Author, using the
checkbox. The author so identified will get mail messages from the system.
- Enter your title
- In the Abstract box, please enter a very brief description of your paper
(no longer than 100 words). In addition, please
indicate what kind of submission you are making, by writing
*one* of the following on a separate line following the abstract:
- PAPER OR POSTER
- Enter keywords (at least 3). These will be used to assign your abstract
to appropriate reviewers, so bear that in mind in choosing them.
- In the Upload Paper section, browse for the pdf file of your abstract.
- YOU SHOULD *NOT* TICK THE 'ABSTRACT ONLY' BOX. (EasyChair regards your
2-page abstract, strictly speaking, as a 'paper'.)
- Press the Submit button. Do not press the button twice: uploading may take time.
- Logout. You will find the Logout button in the drop-down menu which is
revealed when you hover your mouse over the EasyChair link.
Any questions may be directed to the conference organizers. We look forward to seeing you at WCCFL 30 in Santa Cruz!